Sunday 15 September 2013

Who needs tack, anyway......?

Went down to do the horses the other day and as we had a bit of time, we decided to get on and ride even though we didn't have our tack with us (or a decent camera either, just the ancient iPhone someone has lent me since mine no longer works - getting them really clean on a 40 degree wash cycle isn't good for them, apparently- so apologies for the state of the pictures)

I rode Gandalf I the rope headcollar and practised some of the moves we learned at Sheila's the other week.

He was a bit hesitant at first, probably thinking "what are you doing this time, woman?" but he was very easy to guide and we did some lateral work at walk and trot.
Nice to know the controls still work without all our usual equipment! But I think ditching the saddle long term is not an option, makes my legs hurt!

Ali had a little go on Sky too, she's much better at riding without a saddle than I am....
But I don't think either of us is ready for this yet.....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave them, but have to moderate them because there are some strange people Out There.......thank you for your patience :-)