“Here is what the sunshine award means, “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” Of course all awards have rules for awarding people. Rules below.”
1. First, the nominee must thank the blogger that nominated her and link to her blog.
Thanks, Martine. Her blog is here
2. Then, she must answer a list of ten questions and post to her blog.
So here we go:
1. Do you prefer Mares or Geldings?
Mares, definitely. You learn so much more from them.....
2. English or Western?
English I suppose but my hacking style is leaning towards the Western.......
3. Do you prefer “younger” or “older” horses?
I have 3 babies so younger!! I find it easier to start with a blank canvas than deal with other people's mistakes......
4. Have you ever trained a horse from ground zero?
Yup, am on my 3rd (4th if you count Milka, Ali's first Shetland from hell pony, more about her here). Big responsibility, very time consuming, but immensely rewarding :-)
5. Do you prefer riding or ground work?
Hard to say, I like them both! I don't think you can truly be a competent rider if you don't do your groundwork.
6. Do you board your horse or keep it at home?
I look after them myself but they're on someone else's land, so effectively I am keeping them "at home". For now, anyway......
7. Do you do all natural things or commercial stuff?
I try to keep them as naturally as possible and let them be horses. No stables, rugs, clipping, shoes. Don't have a lot of spare cash for buying commercial stuff! Can't be doing with "all the gear and no idea" types either......
8. All Tacked up or Bareback?
Usually all tacked up. Have ridden bareback in a headcollar but a saddle is definitely more comfy for the mileage I do! Usually bitless though and I hate to see horses strapped down with gadgets :-(
9. Equestrian model?
Not sure I've got one really. I like people who think about things from the horse's point of view and consider working with them rather than imposing our will on them no matter what. People like Ross Jacobs and Mark Rashid. My "virtual" dressage coach Trudi Dempsey is pretty good at this too :-)
10. What’s your, one, main goal while being in the horse world?
I would love to do a long ride one day. Like all round the coast of the UK, or from the top to the bottom of France. Gotta get the SNO off my hands first though ;-)
3. Next she must nominate ten bloggers for the award and let them know.
Here's my list:
I enjoy reading all of these blogs. Feel free to accept or ignore the award....
4. Finally, the Sunshine Award button must be posted on the blog
Although the one Martine made is probably more appropriate for me ;-)