Thursday 17 September 2009

A new project....

In June, I sold my second horse and decided that the next one would be a baby because I don't want to spend all my time correcting other people's mistakes (OK, so that's exactly what I'm doing with a donkey right now, but that's another story.....). I went to see several youngsters here in France, but even these yearlings and two year olds have problems, merely because they've generally never been handled, some of them we couldn't even get near, so no way could we imagine getting them in a trailer! I have always wanted an Appaloosa horse, a "Spotty Botty", but they are very expensive here, so I started looking back in the UK. And I found this:




An Appaloosa x cob filly who actually looked like she might grow up strong enough to carry me around!! Also, the price wasn't outrageous......

So I blagged the price of a flight to the UK, turned up on mum's doorstep and set off to not so sunny Herefordshire the next morning to see this baby. What a treat! A field full of beautiful coloured horses, mares and foals running with a magnificent Appaloosa stallion, it was an amazing sight......the mares were all big gentle cobs, reminding me of my current horse, the lovely Gandalf, chunky and well mannered. I decided pretty much right away I would have her and paid my deposit that morning, took a ton of photos and rushed back to the airport for my flight home.

Now all I have to do is wait for her to arrive in November after weaning.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave them, but have to moderate them because there are some strange people Out There.......thank you for your patience :-)