Friday, 25 June 2010
Equine Infectious Anaemia
Then we had the trouble of actually getting 4 tubes of blood out of Kinna who has been terrified of needles ever since she was microchipped, this involved sedation (another needle!) and two vets to hold her down (because if they couldn't get blood to test, she'd have had to be PTS)...luckily Sky didn't even flinch, she's half cob though and very sensible, unlike Kinna who's obviously very sensitive!
So I was mightily relieved to get a visit from the (very cute) government vet this morning to tell me that the blood tests (and they've tested every horse, pony and donkey within a two kilometre radius of the original case) have all come back negative to the quarantine will be lifted.
Nice to get good news occasionally.......