Friday 4 June 2010

Poor Kinna........

Well the DDSV vet and my vet both came this morning to take blood from the girls. Sky as usual was no trouble at all, she didn't even flinch. I had taken the precaution of getting Kinna another sedative from the vet so I gave her that half an hour before they arrived - she reared as soon as she felt the needle but I'm getting good at doing it in one quick move......

She appeared totally zonked when we went in, but again as soon as she felt the needle she put up a helluva fight, in the end I had the twitch on her and the DDSV guy was holding her leg up and we'd backed her into a corner so my vet could get her 4 tubes of blood.

She's still out of it now, she looks so sad:

2 comments:

Di said...

Oh, poor girlie. Can I ask who and why they're taking blood?

Unknown said...

There has been a case of Equine Infectious Anaemia in the village so the Government vets are testing evey horse within a 2 km radius, if any test positive they have to be euthanized.......so far no new cases so fingers crossed.

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave them, but have to moderate them because there are some strange people Out There.......thank you for your patience :-)