Wednesday 2 November 2011

Riding somewhere different....

We went to Derbyshire for our annual holiday this half term and I booked the usual hack out with friends. I got to ride the usual draft cross, this one was called Prince and was 17hh but was lovely and forward going......

We rode through some stunning scenery, but it was a bit chilly up on the hillside. Got to go for a little canter, Prince's legs were so long it was like cantering in slow motion after Gandalf!

When we got back, the kids had a little lead rein ride, my mate John rode the big horse I'd been on, here he is next to his son on a Shetland!
Éowyn rode a pony called Star and kept asking if they could trot (which they couldn't). Bit tame for her I suppose.......

1 comment:

trudi said...

Stunning scenery Helen, looks like a fab ride

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave them, but have to moderate them because there are some strange people Out There.......thank you for your patience :-)