Saturday 3 March 2012

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.....

OK, so I don't set myself up as some kind of horse fixer. All I try to do is help people, when they ask me, to have a better time with their horses. Usually that means I try to get them to be more confident around them. Sometimes I lend them one of mine (if they ask me to) to ride to be able to do so.
Having agreed to do that a few weeks ago, I have had to go and get my horse home this week because the loanee decided I was "using" her for free livery BUT at the same time,  just for good measure, she claimed that he would be better off staying with her as I have apparently been systematically overworking my poor horse.  As if that weren't enough,  she has described me as a "bully" of both horses and humans to a mutual friend. I have no idea why this has all kicked off, but one thing's for sure, I will think long and hard about helping anyone else I am not 100% sure of in the future......

2 comments:

Martine said...

Oh jaysus Helen I know how you feel... I used to constantly put myself out to help livery owners in the yard, and just ended up feeling abused & taken for granted. I ended up very cautious conservative and reserved with my owners as a result which is just not me, but sometimes you have to protect yourself.
There's nowt as queer as folk... and there are some right quare ones out there!

English Rider said...

As dangerous as commenting on someone's marital strife. Just a thought... do you lend out husbands too? I wouldn't mind putting mine in (a six foot hole), I mean training:)

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave them, but have to moderate them because there are some strange people Out There.......thank you for your patience :-)