Tuesday 14 February 2012

Too clever by half......

Today the girls have disgraced themselves and I  found out that the Naughty Nordic Princess can open doors......



When we had the barn rebuilt, we had a door put in between the garage bit and the horse shelter bit for ease of feeding etc. It's a proper aluminium door with a handle, and usually there's a gate in front of it that cuts the shelter in half and I used to put big bales of hay behind it. But with 4 of them here sometimes, they needed more room in the shelter so I took the gate out. So the other day I noticed Missy chewing the handle a bit but she didn't manage to turn it so I didn't worry too much, she likes to nibble things (have already had to wedge the tap with the hose on closed as she can reach it over the gate and once turned it on in the night and I came down in the morning to a lake )

But whilst I was out this afternoon, she managed to open the door and I came back to find her and Sky in the garage attacking a sack of feed.......luckily it's only low cal balancer stuff, but they'd managed to knock the dustbin over and get the lid off, rip the bag open and scatter it everywhere, before crapping on it for good measure. The goats and chickens had of course joined in the fun.

So I've just spent ages clearing up the mess, after I'd extracted Sky from behind Ali's pushbike, she couldn't work out how to get back past it and was just standing there looking at me waiting for me to move it. Seraphina took one look at me and backed hastily out of the garage door as soon as I opened it........

Thank God they didn't trash the old man's motorbike.......

I have since found the key and double locked that door!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, please leave them, but have to moderate them because there are some strange people Out There.......thank you for your patience :-)